Sunday 22 November 2015

Goodbye Nepal

Namaste,
This will be my last post on this blog.  My placement has finished, I leave Nepal and return home to the UK later today.  Many thanks to all the people who have been following my blog over the last two years; I hope you have found the posts interesting and informative and enjoyed the photos.


What am I sad to leave behind?
  • Friendly helpful colleagues at GAN Lamjung, that I have been lucky enough to work with. Thank you for your friendship!
  • Students and teachers at the schools I have been working with
  • Beautiful smiling faces of so many Nepali people
  • Bright colours of the women's clothing
  • Never knowing what adventures the next day will bring
  • Sunshine - plenty of it, even during winter months
  • Astounding natural scenery in the hills and mountains
  • Locally grown fruit and vegetables - no food miles!
  • Colourful exotic flowers
Smile!
Frangipani flowers
Colour and sunshine
Beautiful Annapurna Mountains

What I will not miss?
  • Mad traffic and pollution in Kathmandu
  • The heat and humidity during monsoon time
  • Long bumpy bus journeys on unmade roads
  • Cockroaches!
Remote destination after a long bumpy journey
Nepal is a fascinating country full of rich culture and holding many surprises.  If you haven't yet visited Nepal, make sure you do soon!
I will be coming back here to visit again sometime in the future, but until then "Goodbye".

1 comment: